Doctor Who + references in other television shows
WARNING! SERIES 8 SCRIPTS HAVE LEAKED
WARNING!!! Series 8 scripts for five episodes have reportedly leaked on to the Internet. BBC Worldwide has confirmed the leak. If you want to remain spoiler-free for the upcoming series, browse extremely carefully when looking at Doctor Who related content. For Tumblr users, I recommend Tumblr Savior and adding “dw spoilers” to your black list. If you find spoilers do not post them to this group. Keep them to yourself.
So once again, much like the Series 7 Finale leak, if you come close or encounter a spoiler, do the following:
Things to take away from this
- Colin Baker defended us when Michael Grade called us all ‘loonies’ for liking Doctor Who.
- Colin Baker was, in fact, treated like trash by the man who headed the BBC
- Colin Baker was canned because of politics - nothing to do with his ability as The Doctor (he was great)
- Doctor Who, in general, had good numbers when it was cancelled. Better than other shows, but Grade had a vendetta against Doctor Who
- Colin Baker loved the show enough to go on tour to help promote it EVEN AFTER BEING FIRED. JUST TO SAVE THE SHOW.
- Colin Baker wasn’t even paid that much for his era. He mainly did the job because he loved it and he believed in the show.
- Colin Baker STOOD UP to one of the most powerful men in Britain because he knew he was wronged, even when everyone was telling him to lie and say he quit. He even called him a coward.
- Colin Baker was NEVER given a reason for why he was fired.
- Colin Baker is a hero among the Who fandom. That people dislike him is simply criminal. Our enemy is Michael Grade.
I am now convinced that The Doctor was so torn over Rose leaving that he made her a galaxy one day.
NOT OKAY ;____;
ANNOUNCING: NEW Season of Doctor Who Coming To BBC America Saturday, August 23rd at 8/7c.
Starring Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor and Jenna Coleman.
Follow the Doctor Who tumblr for all of the latest news!
For those outside of the US, the teaser can be seen here!
Question: What’s the weirdest thing a fan has ever given you
Peter/Sylvester: *mumbling* oh i dont know….
Audience member: “A GRANDDAUGHTER”
but he was:
So can we talk about the fact that that means there were 3 Rory’s in the world at the same time?
That last gif just made my life